BeagleBoard-xM delivers extra ARM ® Cortex TM -A8 MHz now at 1 GHz and extra memory with 512MB of low-power DDR RAM, enabling hobbyists, innovators and engineers to go beyond their current imagination and be inspired by the BeagleBoard.org community. Designed with the community inputs in mind, this open hardware design improves upon the laptop-like performance and expandability, while keeping at hand-held power levels. Direct connectivity is supported by the on-board four-port hub with 10/100 Ethernet, while maintaining a tiny 3.25" × 3.25" footprint.
For purchasing information, please visit the Buy-xM page.
For detailed product information, please see the latest version of the BeagleBoard-xM System Reference Manual. To get started with the software shipped with the board, visit the prototype board diagnostics page.
As with previous BeagleBoard.org offerings, the BeagleBoard-xM is not intended to be a complete development environment, but rather a community-supported platform that can be used as the basis for building more complete development systems and as a target for community software baselines. Please consider purchasing an evaluation module (EVM) from Texas Instruments or one of the several commercial system-on-module vendors for the device with which you plan to develop if you are building a commercial product.
- Super-scalar ARM Cortex TM -A8
- 512-MB LPDDR RAM
- High-speed USB 2.0 OTG port optionally powers the board
- On-board four-port high-speed USB 2.0 hub with 10/100 Ethernet
- DVI-D (digital computer monitors and HDTVs)
- S-video (TV out)
- Stereo audio out/in
- High-capacity microSD slot and 4-GB microSD card
- Camera port
- Validation and demonstration image from the Angstrom Distribution
* The validation and demonstration image is included for validation and demonstration purposes only. Learn about additional projects and available software at BeagleBoard.org/project.
Some possible applications of the BeagleBoard-xM:
- Web services
- 3-D gaming
- 3-D UI
- Linux kernel and driver development
- Boot loaders and firmware
- UI framework
- ARM ® NEON codecs
- Codec plug-ins for GStreamers
- OpenGL ® applications
- OpenMAX TM IL applications
- Ubuntu TM , Android TM , MeeGo TM , WinCE TM , QNX TM , Angstrom, Symbian TM , Debian, Gentoo and others
- Home media centers
- In-vehicle entertainment
- Web kiosks
- And many more...!