Master the power of the BeagleBone Black to maximize your robot-building skills and create awesome projects
About This Book
- Create complex robots to explore the land, sea, and the skies
- Control your robots through a wireless interface, or make them autonomous and self-directed
- This is a step-by-step guide to advancing your robotics skills through the power of the BeagleBone
Who This Book Is For
If you want a simple guide to building complex robots, then this book is for you. You’ll need some programming knowledge and experience working with mechanical systems.
What You Will Learn
- Power up the BeagleBone Black to develop with both Python and C
- Control DC motors to guide a tracked robot forward, backward, and side to side
- Add sonar and infrared sensors to let your robot see its own way
- Use a USB webcam to have your robot seek out and track colored objects or movements
- Communicate with the servomotors of a robo-sailboat using a long-range wireless interface
- Teach your robo-sailboat to navigate to a bearing and distance using GPS
- Connect your BeagleBone Black to a flight controller to guide robots through the air
- Make your robots autonomous and capable of controlling themselves
Robots are quickly bursting from the world of science fiction right into our own living rooms. The small-but-mighty BeagleBone Black embedded processor provides the power and capability to program your own robotic projects using its complete Linux development environment.
Mastering BeagleBone Robotics lets you push your creativity to the limit through complex, diverse, and fascinating robotic projects right from scratch. Start off simple by building a tracked robot that moves, sees its environment, and navigates barriers. Go aquatic with a sailing robot that controls its rudder and sail, senses the direction of the wind, and plots its course using GPS. Then plunge beneath the surface of the waves as you create and control a robotic submarine to explore the world underwater with a webcam link. Walk on all fours with a limbed creation, and take to the skies as you create a quadcopter, then use the BeagleBone Black to make it autonomous and fly in its own direction using its own power.