Originally published at https://www.hackster.io/lloydcbailey/gprs-weather-station-ea5d35.
GPRS for Davis weather station using a BeagleBone Black and Debian custom firmware.
The project is for my local paragliding club to set up a Davis weather station in a remote location with internet access.
- Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless Weather Station (6152)
- Davis Complete System Shelter for all weather station components (7724)
- Davis USB Data Logger
- BeagleBone Black
- USB to Serial cable FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 (optional)
- USB A micro cable
- USB A mini cable
- USB hub
- Huawei 3G modem (E3531)
- 4G/3G SIM card
- Sunix 10A 12V/24V solar charge regulator
- 20W 12V Photonic universe solar panel
- 12v 7Ah Sealed lead acid rechargeable battery
- Debian custom firmware bone-debian-9.2-console-armhf-2017-12-08-2gb.img.xz
open source weather software
Comments are not currently available for this post.