by Marc Murphy – SanCloud
SanCloud is joining the BeagleBoard.org logo licensing family and
enhancing the open hardware BeagleBone Black design you love with more features than you
thought possible! It still has a blistering 1GHz processor and like the BeagleBone Black,
two 46-pin headers, micro HDMI for audio/video output, USB ports, Ethernet and other I/O
features. The SanCloud BeagleBone Enhanced is an ultra-powered embedded computer that
can (still) fit in a mint tin.
The Enhanced features are:
- 1G Byte onboard DDR3 RAM (double the BeagleBone Black)
- 3 additional USB ports
- 6 axis MEMS accelerometer/gyro (possibility to fit 9 axis MEMS accelerometer/gyro/compass)
- Barometer and temperature sensor
- Gigabit Ethernet
- SPI flash for bootloader
- Additional plug in WiFi/Buetooth card (uses 1 USB port)
The design has been kept as close as possible to the original form factor of
the BeagleBone Black to enable you to swap out the capes you already have. We have
moved the power connector and serial connector to give an additional onboard USB port
and added an expansion header to allow for 2 USB ports to be passed up to a cape.
We are very proud of the way we have squeezed more onto an already impressive platform.
Watch out for the crowdfunding campaign soon.
- Processor: Sitara AM3358BZCZ100 1GHz, 2000 MIPS
- Graphics Engine: SGX530 3D, 20M Polygons/S
- SDRAM Memory: 1G Byte DDR3L 606MHZ
- Onboard Flash: Minimum 4G Byte, 8bit Embedded MMC
- Onboard 1M Byte SPI boot flash
- MPU6050 Triple Axis Accelerometer and Gyro
- LPS331AP MEMS pressure sensor, 260-1260 mbar absolute digital output barometer
- PMIC: TPS65217C PMIC regulator and one additional DC to DC.
- Debug Support: Optional Onboard 20-pin CTI JTAG, Serial Header
- Power Source: miniUSB USB or DC Jack, 5VDC External Via Expansion Header
- PCB: 86.44mm x 54.54mm / 3.4 x 2.15 6 layers
- Indicators 1-Power, 2-Ethernet, 4-User Controllable LEDs
- HiSpeed USB 2.0 Client Port: Access to USB0, Client mode via miniUSB
- 2 x HiSpeed USB 2.0 Host Port via hub Access to USB1, Type A Socket, 500mA LS/FS/HS
- Serial Port UART0 access via 3 pin 3.3V TTL Header. Header is populated
- Ethernet 10/100/1000, RJ45
- SD/MMC Connector microSD , 3.3V
- User Input: Reset Button, Boot Button, Power Button
- Video Out: HDMI, 1280×1024 (MAX), 1024×768,1280×720,1440×900 w/EDID Support
- Audio Via HDMI Interface, Stereo