FLIR has launched a design challenge for the FLIR Lepton 3 thermal camera and BeagleBone Blue. Submit your project idea for the FLIR challenge by July 21st. The top 5 ideas will receive a BeagleBone Blue and FLIR Lepton 3:
FLIR BeagleBone Blue challenge
If you’re into robotics then this challenge is for you! The FLIR Lepton 3 is a radiometric-capable LWIR camera solution that is smaller than a dime, can fit inside a smartphone, and is ten times less expensive than a traditional IR camera. Using focal plane arrays of 160 x 120 active pixels, Lepton 3 easily integrates into native mobile-devices and other electronics as an IR sensor or thermal imager.
- Five finalists will win a Lepton 3 and a BeagleBone Blue board.
- The grand prize package includes a CAT S60 smartphone with integrated thermal imaging from FLIR and an EduMiP robot with BeagleBone® Blue from Beagleboard.org, and promotion of your project by both companies!
How It Works
- Submit your project idea between June 19th and July 21st, 2017
- Top 5 ideas will become the Finalists and receive a Lepton 3 and a BeagleBone Blue board
- Finalist build a prototype and submit their project
- The best of the finalists wins the grand prize package!
- Entries must be submitted online by 11:59PM PDT July 21st.
- Enter as many ideas as you like.
- Finalists will be notified by email by July 28th.
- Finalists’ prototypes must be completed and project submission received by August 31st.
- Winner & runners up to be announced September 8th.
UPDATE TO ELIGIBILITY RULES:
By request of our developer community we’re expanding the challenge to include makers all over the world where eligible! Check out the eligibility rules here. You still have until July 21st to submit your ideas. What are you waiting for?!