Google Summer of Code (GSoc) is a global program that offers students stipends to write code for open source projects. We are excited that BeagleBoard.org has been again accepted as an open source community to mentor students in projects for the upcoming summer.
Students and mentors are invited to join BeagleBoard.org for collaboration on open source projects now by:
- Signing up on the mailing list and engaging the latest threads at http://bbb.io/gsocml.
- Joining the live chat at http://bbb.io/gsocchat (#beagle-gsoc on Freenode.net via Riot.im or other client) including weekly meetings every Wednesday at 11:30AM US Eastern time (http://bbb.io/gsocmeet), which is 4:30PM UTC during US daylight savings time.
- Signing up on Google’s system at https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/. Students will use this site to submit their official proposals/evaluations and mentors will use this site to approve proposals and perform student evaluations.
- Prospective mentors: Reading and contributing to our ideas list at http://bbb.io/gsocideas. Prospective mentors also provide a small amount of biographical information at the bottom of the page.
- Prospective students: Creating a draft proposal with inspiration from the Ideas page using the wiki-based proposal template at http://bbb.io/gsocpt.
- Mentors must be signed up and students must have proposals in the https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com system by the April 9 proposal deadline.
Applications for students are open now through 4/9/2019.
Check out our blog post about 2018 projects and the experience of our students and mentors.