What is BeagleConnect™ Freedom?
With 2x mikroBUS connections, there are over 1,000 different add-on options. On-board sensors include temperature, humidity and light level. There’s even a battery charger to assist with battery-backed-up designs.
Based on the Texas Instruments SimpleLink™ CC1352P7 wireless microcontroller running Zephyr and Micropython, utilizing the 2.4GHz and sub-1GHz IEEE 802.15.4 wireless networks are made easy. Numerous additional wireless networking stacks are available from TI, including Wi-SUN and Amazon Sidewalk, enabling you to take your IoT designs wherever you might want to go!
BeagleConnect™ is a revolutionary technology virtually eliminating low-level software development for IoT and IIoT applications, such as building automation, factory automation, and home automation. Choosing BeagleConnect™ simplifies development by eliminating the need for layer of software development. While numerous IoT and IIoT solutions available today provide massive software libraries for microcontrollers supporting a limited body of sensors, actuators and indicators as well as libraries for communicating over various networks, BeagleConnect™ simply eliminates the need for these libraries by shifting the burden into the most massive and collaborative software project of all time, the Linux kernel.
BeagleConnect™ Freedom features:
- Texas Instruments Sitara™ CC1352P7 wireless microcontroller,
- Works with BeagleConnect™ enabled sub-GHz wireless gateways,
- Can be used with over 1,000 mikroBUS-based Click boards from MikroE,
- Provides Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)-enabled Linux computers at 2.4GHz and long-range, low-power sub-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 wireless connections at up to 1km with data rates of 1kbps,
- Includes enclosure and antenna, and
- On-board sensors, a USB-to-UART bridge, battery charger, buzzer and user-programmable LEDs and button.
Note: The term BeagleConnect™ refers to a technology comprising of a family of boards, a collection of Linux kernel drivers, microcontroller firmware, a communication protocol, and system-level integration to automation software tools.
Sitara™ and SimpleLink™ are a trademarks of Texas Instruments. BeagleConnect™ is a trademark of the BeagleBoard.org Foundation.